When we initially made the ImagiNATION Athletics website we wanted it to be simple and basically a navigation point for out other websites. I’ll be honest… we really like the Apple iCloud website layout and we proceeded to create something similar. We loved it.
A few months passed and I looked at the site everyday and still loved it, but it started to turn into a love/hate relationship. The site didn’t do anything wrong, I just wasn’t in love with it any more. At times, I even caught myself saying… “It’s not you, it’s me.”
In web design, I never lose the love for simplicity and that was what we were going for. For me, a simple road sign that says “go left here” or “turn right there” always seem to work better (in my mind) than all the details of a Map Quest printout. So I thought.
I’ve learned through my own stubbornness that details sometimes make things easier. Especially when presenting something to friends, customers or businesses.
We talk a lot about “branding” and after much thought, I didn’t think we were branding or maximizing the potential for our ImagiNATION Athletics website. It is ultimately the face of our company and despite our desire for simplicity and what’s cool enough for Steve Jobs is cool enough for us thought, we made the change.
We are proud to present you the New and Improved ImagiNATIONAthletics.com
Note Worthy Additions:
- Easily Updated for News and Events
- Multiple Widgitized Columns for plugins
- Post to Site, post to Twitter, post to Facebook — easily keep all media update from one location
- Ability to change layout “fairly” quickly when you feel that “need”
- “Design Your Own Tee” – Interactive t-shirt designing software
- Better layout with the different services provided
Thanks for checking us out and let us know what you think!!